Monday, April 9, 2007

HAPPY EASTER!

Hi there, I hope you all had a great Easter week-end. It was a good weekend for us. Personally, it was a great reminder to me of God's amazing LOVE for me personally!
I don't know what you all think about the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs. Up to now, we have had Easter Egg hunts with our kids, but I just could never justify the Easter Bunny with Jesus' resurrection. This year my husband and I talked about the fact that we don't want our kids to be excited about Easter just because they will be getting Easter goodies. We want them to know the true meaning of Easter. So we decided against the chocolate and candies. We bought the Resurrection Eggs you can get at the Christian Book stores. The kids enjoyed them very much. Each egg has a different symbol of the events of the crucifiction and resurrection. So, when opening each egg we had to talk about what event they relate to. Great way to find out how much the girls have learned about this event too.
Mind you, I don't have anything against egg hunts. I think they are a lot of fun. As far as I could find out, the Bunny and the eggs have something to do with a celebration of spring, the celebration of new life. So I think having an egg hunt anytime during the spring season is a fun way to celebrate spring.

Check back a little later today. I will be having some BLOG SNACKS!!

No comments: