Wednesday, June 6, 2007

FAUX CLOISONNE INSPIRED

I have been wanting to make this altered frame as a gift to my niece for her graduation. So What I had in mind is to use the frase "FOLLOW YOUR DREAM" and the use of a flying butterfly came to mind. So obviously I had to use WINGED THINGS and as I seem to not be able to make anything without flowers, I had to use IN FULL BLOOM which is a close relative to WINGED THINGS. I had asked my niece which colors she likes and she said Orange, Green and Blue. I found this great package of dp in COSTCO which has a few sheets of Burnt Orange colored papers. So I used those to modgepodged the frame. Now as for how I was inspired with the faux cloisonne, I thought I could do this technique for the butterfly and the flowers, but faux cloisonne calls for glossy magazine paper. I wanted to use the same dp I used for the frame, but as it is not glossy I just stamped with Basic Black and used a staszon maker to deepen the color of the edges. I guess it would have been a closer Faux cloisonne if I would have gold embossed the image, but that was not quite the look I was going for. I modgepodged the images to stiffen them a bit. The background is Mellow Moss sponged with close to cocoa and Marigold Morning. The sentiment is on Marigold Morning sponged with Close to Cocoa.


Sorry, I do have to say that it looks better IRL. It is really bugging me that I cannot get the images to look as good as I see them IRL.



Now I am off the school to my dd Vanessa's Puppet Show. She is the narrator and she is all excited about it.

EDITED: ADDED THIS BETTER PICTURE OF MY FRAME. I WORKED ALL AFTERNOON TO GET A GOOD PHOTO AND F I N A L L Y!!!





5 comments:

Heather Leech said...

Hi Rosella,
I know what you mean about taking photos of your projects. I used to scan my cards, but the colors never came out right, and they'd always look crooked (which drove me nuts!)
Now I'm trying to take pictures and still haven't come up with a good way...I have to take more time to figure it out....maybe over the summer holidays!
C ya'!
Heather L.
p.s. the frame looks great! I need to find something for the kids in the class I work in...they're graduating grade 5 and going to the middle school next year. I'm thinking maybe some bookmarks or little candy packages. We'll see!

Heather Leech said...

Me again,
Just wanted to let you know that I hadn't unsubscribed from you blog...I'm just getting my blogs through Google reader now. Much more efficient and easy!!
Heather

marja said...

goodmorning rosella.

it's a beautiful project!!!!




thanks for visite my blog!!!


love from marja

marja said...

rosella
I come from Holland (Nederland)

Tish said...

Cute frame. Love it!