Monday, March 9, 2009

SKETCH CHALLENGE 218? NOT!!!


The one challenge I mostly play along with is the sketch challenge on SCS. So last Wednesday I was inspired by this card to participate. And since I have the same set and had not used it yet, I was definitely inspired. I was also inspired by Gina K's Stamp TV episode on coloring with mineral oils. I have had several prisma colors and have never used them, and since I had also read somewhere that baby oil can be used, I decided to try it. I really liked the result. Unfortunately, I had overdone some things and did not like the end result. So I decided to use watercoloring on 140lb watercolor paper. But again I was not happy. The image was not clear. So I decided to use the prisma colors and baby oil again. It is not perfect, but I'll keep on practicing with these colors.
Now onto the sketch challenge. My image was to large, so I had to make it work differently. I've had the jazz wheel for quite awhile and had not used it. Thought it would work well with this card.

DETAILS:
CS: SU whisper white, bravo burgandy, choc. chip & close to cocoa
Stamps: SU Musical Expressions, Jazz Wheel (retired)
Ink: Versafina - smokey gray, SU- choc. chip
Technique: Prisma colors with Baby oil

Thank you for coming by! Hope you have a great week!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Rosella!! TFS! :)

Tina said...

Very pretty girlfriend! See you tomorrow night???

eviledna said...

Considering it's the first time you've used Prisma's you've done a beautiful job. You do age effects wonderfully :o)
Take care & keep smiling
Ann x

JazzyH said...

Pretty

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous card - I love the colours - so nice to see a musical card for a change - thank you for your comments on my SCS card