Saturday, February 2, 2008

CAN COLD WATER CLEAN YOUR DISHES?

This is for all the germ conscious folks that worry about using cold water to clean.



John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Northern Alberta.
After spending a great evening chatting the night away, John’s grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast. However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate and questioned his grandfather asking, “Are these plates clean?”
His grandfather replied, “They’re as clean as cold water can get them. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!”
For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried eggs and asked, “Are you sure these plates are clean?” Without looking up the old man said, “I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don’t you fret, I don’t want to hear another word about it!”
Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather’s dog started to growl and wouldn’t let him pass. John yelled and said, “Grandfather, your dog won’t let me get to my car’. Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted:
‘COLDWATER. GO LAY DOWN’!!!!!

HA, HA!!! So you thought I would give you a piece of advise, NOT!! Just thought I'd share a funny with you.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

great "story" . you got me good. thanks for the chuckle!

Tonje said...

Oh my! That was a great story!!

Aimee said...

This is so funny... I'll have to share this one with a few of my friends...

Sharon in NE said...

Good one!!!! I just copied and pasted that one to share!

UrgentCookie said...

I told this one to my kids when they were complaining about doing the dishes. Then I told them if they didn't want to do them, we would let Bear do them and they decided it would be best if they did them. :0)